My passion

| | Friday, September 5, 2008
|



Cars have always been my passion since I was one year old. My parents bought me my first Hot Wheels car and from there on out, I was in love. In a lot of my baby/childhood videos, I'm playing with a car. In 1995 (I believe I was in 3rd grade), Mitsubishi released the 2nd generation Eclipse, and the moment I set my eyes on that car, I knew I had to have it. 8 years later, I finally get the car of my dreams. Within 4 months, I already joined the racing team, slapped on a BOV, bodykit, paint job, rims, exhaust, and suspension. I
can't keep my cars stock, it's no fun.

My plan for Tuesday (my day off) after I get off school is hang out @ Vision Performance and get some car stuff done for my S13. When I bought the car, it had a red hatch, so I knew I had to paint it eventually. So I bought a Chu
ki bumper, but haven't installed it yet. I'm hoping to clean it and install in on Tuesday. The hardest part is cleaning it though...I don't know exactly what kinda residue is on it, but it's stubborn to come off. It's kinda grimmy, mixed with oil and dirt. It's hella sticky! I tried water and Goo Gone...nothin'...I'll see if the guys at the shop have any idea of how to get it off. So hopefully I get it cleaned and installed by Tuesday.

I'm also planning to install a "holler" button (since I don't have a horn due to the fact that I have a quick release steering wheel), square yellow foglights, and transfer the pignose front lip onto the Chuki bumper. I try to make my days off productive, and hopefully I'll be able to get all 3 installed. I know it's my daily driver, but as my friend's dad says, "It's your daily driver, so you need to make it presentable. Everybody sees you in this car practically everyday." I'm also picking up a set of used OEM S13 rims, but the 7-spoke ones. Mine are hideous and those other stock ones are actually pretty nice. On top of that, I'm only buying them for $75. We'll see what I can get done on Tuesday...



Let's hope I get some alone time with my girlfriend tomorrow, but I DOUBT it...*sigh*

No comments: