Labor Day weekend

| | Sunday, September 13, 2009
|


It was nice to finally have a 3 day weekend for Labor Day (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday). That's why I don't mind having my day off on Tuesday cuz every time there's a holiday on Monday, I have a 3 day weekend. Elisa was in the mood for some sushi, so we hit up Sakana Bune in the Richmond district.


It's a typical sushi boat restaurant, and the prices are too bad.

One of the things we also wanted to do was check out the Asian Art Museum near City Hall cuz there was a Samurai exhibit.


We don't really have much pictures inside cuz photography was very limited and not allowed in the samurai section, so we didn't really bother to take pictures. There were tea ceremonies at certain times, but we missed it.


I've always driven by Beach Chalet but never tried it, so I thought it would be nice to end our 3 day weekend at a new restaurant.






The downstairs lobby is pretty neat cuz they have the history of Golden Gate Park and a little mini display of the whole park. The semi dim-lit ambiance is pretty nice for casual dining, and you get a GREAT view of the beach. Unfortunately, we went on a cloudy day, but wish we went on a sunny day so we could watch the sun set over the horizon.




We started off with an appetizer, the Ahi Tuna Tartare (sp?). It was delicious and the sauce was nice and creamy.


For the entree, I ordered the baby back ribs, which was pretty good. It had a nice tangy flavor covered in BBQ sauce, but the fries weren't all that and they gave me WAY too much coleslaw. I'm not particularly fond of coleslaw, but I'll still eat a little. One third of the plate of coleslaw is a bit much though.


My Elisa ordered the salmon, which was full of flavor and juicy. A lot of salmon that I've tried taste good, but was usually a bit dry. The only thing I didn't like about her plate was that the portion was hella small and would take 3 orders of that to fill me up. Thankfully, my girlfriend doesn't eat much and was enough to fill her up though.

So we ordered 1 appetizer, 2 entrees, and 2 drinks...the bill came out to be $70 (tips included). That's a little pricier than I would have hoped for a casual dinner. All in all, it was a pretty good restaurant, nice waitresses, but too expensive for a casual dinner.


I definitely enjoyed my 3 day weekend, nothing crazy...just a relaxing weekend with the wifey. I can't wait for:

HALLOWEEN!


Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and it's also my birthday! The annual Spirit Halloween store is open and me and Elisa stepped in to browse around. I ended up buying a Chinese hat with the queue hair. I'm thinking about going to Chinatown and getting a kung fu outfit, or a silk robe. I really want to go as a Chinese hopping Vampire.


That robe might be pricey, and if it's outta my price range, I'm just gunna stick with the kung fu outfit instead. Elisa has a curfew and can't go out to the clubs or anything (not like she drinks anyways), but she saw a costume that she loves and had to buy it. It's basically the girl version of Willy Wonka. Can't wait! 48 more days 'til Halloween...

No comments: