Pyramid Head in progress

| | Wednesday, March 25, 2009
|


So Fanime isn't until the end of May, but it's better to get a head start, especially since my costume isn't all that easy to make from scratch (thankfully, there are tutorials though). So yesterday, me and Elisa went to Haight to look for some platform boots for me. Pyramid Head in the movie was wearing like 12 inch platforms, so I wanted to copy. I'm already 6'1", adding the helmet would make me about 7 feet tall. Then I'm gunna try and get 12 inch platforms so I can be around 8 feet tall! I wanna make people's jaws drop when they see my costume!

We then went to my work (FedEx) and got a huge piece of unbent cardboard. Although it may not look like that much work, I did spend a lot of time on this last night...with the hardest part to come. Well, here's what I got so far:








The next step is probably gunna be the hardest part of the costume. I have to glue the triangle pieces onto a hard hat, and it HAS TO BE PERFECTLY SYMMETRICAL! It's gunna take a while...I'll be sure to post up pictures of it once I get the base of the Pyramid Head helmet done.

No comments: