Preparing for Fanime

| | Friday, March 6, 2009
|


So last week, there was a comic book convention, WonderCon, at Moscone Center. I kinda wanted to go, but then my co-worker told me about Fanime, a Japanese anime/manga convention. All of a sudden, I lost interest in WonderCon. I looked up pictures of Fanime and it seems like a big portion of the people that attend dress up in cosplay. Me and Elisa have been wanting to dress up as Silent Hill characters, so finally here's our chance! I'm going to go as Pyramid Head and Elisa's gunna dress up as the nurse. We're gunna make our own costumes, so I'm trying to get a head start, especially since my costume (mainly my helmet) is kinda complicated to make.

This a what Pyramid Head looks like (for those who don't already know):



And here's a picture of the nurse from Silent Hill:



Fanime is not until the end of May, but I wanna get a big head start just in case I run into some problems making my costume. I already got some cardboard for the helmet and cut out some triangles. I need to buy a glue gun and a few other things, but I'm gunna need a big-ass piece of cardboard for my sword. I actually found a big piece at work today, but it was soooo big, that I don't think I could possibly fit it in my car. I'm gunna make the Great Knife 6 feet long, but the tip of the handle to the tip of the blade. I also need platforms to make me look huge, preferably some 12 inch platforms or something. I'll post up pictures later of my costume in the making.

Anyways, I'ma finish up my fried rice, play a little bit of CoD (double-point weekend!) and hit the hay. Gotta be at work at 7am.

No comments: