2 year anniversary dinner (Waterbar)

| | Tuesday, October 14, 2008
|

October 7, 2008 was mine and my girlfriend's 2 year anniversary. We wanted to eat somewhere somewhat classy, so she picked out the Waterbar on Embarcadero. She ate there before with some co-workers, but I didn't go because it was too pricey. But for this special occasion, it was worth it. The view was spectacular! Anywhere from the restaurant, you could see the ocean and the Bay Bridge. We just so happened to have reservation right before sunset. The ambience of the restaurant was very nice. Customer service? Hella nicer than I could imagine!

We were going to order some virgin margaritas, but we didn't see any margaritas on the menu. So we thought we'd just order a regular soda. The waitress was like, "Lemme see what I can do." She came back with a soda that had orange, pineapple, and mango, mixed with French imported raspberry syrup and mint syrup, all mixed in with soda water. It was GOOD.

For appetizers, we ordered soup (wasn't exactly sure what kind) and baked oysters with spinach and bacon. Delicious! For the main entree, I ordered a 1lb fish (forgot the name of the fish) and I don't remember the name of Elisa's dish either! The name's aren't your typical plates, that's why I can't remember the names. And to top it off, for dessert, I ordered raspberry cheesecake and my wifey ordered warming chocolate pudding covered with a brownie with a scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream. Yummy!

I would highly recommend this restaurant, but only for special occasions (unless you're rich). The price wasn't too bad for a once-in-a-while dinner. Here's the website just in case any of you are interested in checking out this restaurant: Waterbar.



























No comments: